Mobile Dice Roller
The Mobile Edition (Windows Phone 8) of the Simple Dice Roller!
The Mobile Dice Roller allows defining arbitrary dice rolls by using „dice codes“, e.g. the dice code „3d12+8“ results in a roll of 3 twelve-sided dice and the addition of 8 to the roll’s result. Separating dice codes by commas allows several rolls to be made at once.
Upon starting the app for the first time several dice will be predefined automatically for you:
- 1d20, 1d12, 1d10, 1d8, 1d6, 1d4 as „standard“ dice
- 2d6 and 3d6 as typical dice rolls used by some games
- 1d12, 1d30, 1d100+1900 for generating simplified birthdates
You can add new dice giving them a display name of your choice and defining their dice code, change the definition of one dice entry, or delete an entry completely. If you delete all dice the app will re-create the default dice defined above when it is re-started.
Currently available in the Windows Phone Store is Release 2 of the Mobile Dice Roller: Download the App, it’s free!
If you want to donate to further development, feel free to do so (you may suggest features/changes upon check-out/confirmation of your donation):
More on Dice Codes
Dice Codes have to follow the format „nDs+m„:
- „n“ is the number of dice to roll and can be omitted (will be treated as n=1)
- the letter „D“ may be written in lower- or upper-case and must be included
- „s“ indicates the number of sides the dice should have, this may also be „f“ or „F“ indicating a FUDGE die that generates the numbers -1, 0, or 1
- „+“ may also be „-“ and must be omitted when „m“ is not given
- „m“ is the number to be added to or subtracted from the rolled dice’s result
Versions & Change History
Release 2 improvements:
- Shake support: shaking the phone will re-roll all dice
- Correction of the dice code parser: adding dice in one dice code now recognizes all dice, not only the first and last one
Planned features for upcoming releases:
- Grouping of dice
- Charting of result distribution for a given dice code